Page fault handling in vpagetable area clarification

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Mon Feb 12 12:32:15 PST 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 18:53, Matthew Dillon wrote:
[...]
>     The write bit should not be cleared from fs.prot in that case.  Check
>     the conditionals on fault_type in vm_fault_object().
>
>     case 1:  line 751 vm/vm_fault.c (in HEAD).
>
> 	VM_PROT_WRITE is only cleared if fault_type was not a write fault

Indeed it is. I actually had an editor window open on that line while I was
writing my mail, but apparently I was hung up on "Next, we get to
vm_fault_object() which downgrades fs.prot to readonly" from the notes I had
taken while following the read fault case. I must have looked at the
conditional tens of times, but my brain refused to register the second "if".
Sorry. Next time, I'll have an 8-year old audit my bug report before sending
it in.

Aggelos