Support for Broadcom 5906M fast ethernet chip

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 18:59:25 PST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 4:14 AM,  <elekktretterr at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> a new error with this patch. verbose boot dmesg attached.

OK, at least we have made some progress :)

Please revert the old bge patch (but keep the pci_pcib.c.diff), and
try following one:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/bcm5906.diff1

As the old one, it's against sys/

> > On Dec 7, 2007 7:05 PM,  <elekktretterr at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> attached.
> >
> > First please check whether your BIOS has some "PnP OS" options.  Try
> > turning it off.
> >
> > If above does not work, please try following patch:
> > http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/pci_pcib.c.diff

Folks that run boxes with Intel bridges, please test the above patch.

> > NOTE: Please back up your currently working kernel before testing above
> > patch!!

Above NOTE still applies :)

Best Regards,
sephe