nfe(4) & GENERIC

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 20:19:26 PST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 11:55 AM, Chris Turner <c.turner at 199technologies.org> wrote:

> Wondering what the policy is on drivers in GENERIC
>
> or perhaps more specifically if there are any objections to
> adding nfe(4)

Several months ago there were two drivers support nVidia NICs, both of
them were not hooked into GENERIC, so that user could choose which one
to use.  Now nv(4) has gone and nfe(4) code seems to be semi-supported
by nVidia, so there is no hindrance to hook nfe(4) into GENERIC.
Please do it :)

Best Regards,
sephe

--