error in creating amd64 port rtld modules

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Aug 31 02:53:29 PDT 2007

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 05:13:43PM -0500, Noah yan wrote:
I have a ld link error when creating a shared rtld kernel modules.
have  not find reason for this and hope somebody here have some hints
of this:
Text relocations in fully linked object files are not allowed for AMD64.
I think FreeBSD switched to partially linked binaries for the very same
reason.
I guess you mean "fully linked shared object files"?

What are partially linked object files?  How do you produce them?

cheers
 simon