URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Aug 19 22:32:38 PDT 2007

:A-ha, I see that.  And maybe the dump routine in some drivers is not
:even written to resume from dumpsys()?

    A lot of drivers do a hard reset of the device and go into polling
    mode to support dumping.  Resuming isn't really in the cards.

    It would be nice if we  updated our dump infrastructure to match FreeBSD.
    They moved the iteration mess to a higher layer to reduce the complexity
    within the driver.  Not on my personal list but if someone wants to do
    it!