Is DragonFly using OSS 4.0?

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Fri Aug 17 04:36:35 PDT 2007

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
On 8/17/07, Justin C. Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
It's probably a matter of license (at the time it was GPL only; CDDL was
not available) and someone having the time to work on it.  So, yeah...
time.
Well, the license issue was taken cared of.
It's still not BSDl, and the CDDL is only marginally better than the
GPL, imho.

Let's hope you guys get
OSS 4.0 up and running soon for some good audio love.  And don't
forget to support Open Media formats (Vorbis, FLAC, Theora, etc.)
As for those audio formats, we don't support any compression/storage
format in base other than just raw audio streams. And I don't think we
ever intend to bundle third-party libraries with restrictive license.
Ofcourse, these libraries are available from pkgsrc, which is good
enough. What support for 'open media formats' do you expect from a base
operating system?

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard