URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Aug 19 23:46:52 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:cache block thing is the only thing showing up in dmesg when processes
:start hanging.
    I dont see any disk hangs (no wchan's are in the bio subsystem).  You
    may have found a namecache deadlock but I can't track it down without
    a kernel core and it sounds like you need physical access to do one
    safely, unless you have a remote power cycler on the box too.
What you could try, however, is to write the contents of /dev/mem to a file.  If that succeeds, maybe there are chances that we can construct a more-or-less-working kernel core.  Remote access running kgdb might be a better solution (i.e. let Matt login and run kgdb on the live system).

So maybe try this (huge result):

dd if=/dev/mem of=filename bs=1M

cheers
 simon