URGENT: [diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xda5265a8 ""

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Sun Aug 19 15:22:11 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 07:24:56AM +1000, elekktretterr at exemail.com.au wrote:
> No, what I meant as local mail, is the /etc/periodic scripts that collect
> information about the system and send it to root. i think postfix doesnt
> take care of that.

They're delivered via mail(1) command, which invokes sendmail(8),
which is symlinked to mailwrapper(8).  mailwrapper looks at mailer.conf
to determine which program it should run.  My mailer.conf looks like this:

  $ cat /etc/mailer.conf
  sendmail        /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail
  send-mail       /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail
  mailq           /usr/pkg/bin/mailq
  newaliases      /usr/pkg/bin/newaliases
  hoststat        true
  purgestat       true

postfix doesn't have counterparts for {host,purge}stat.  You also want
to turn offsome of periodic features which are sendmail-specific.

  $ cat /etc/periodic.conf
  daily_clean_hoststat_enable="NO"
  daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"
  daily_submit_queuerun="NO"