Is DragonFly using OSS 4.0?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Aug 17 15:42:48 PDT 2007

    One thing I would like to see is another nrelease target that brings
    in a ton more packages - GUI, print, and everything else needed to
    create a multi-media workstation, for a DVD burn instead of a CD burn.

    Our offical base releases will probably never incorporate that stuff,
    but if we had a target I'm sure some enterprising individual would
    start putting out DVD builds.

    Insofar as OSS goes... its not on my list, but I'm not against interested
    parties exploring development.  Most of it would probably want to be
    PkgSrc based but some kernel work might be needed to streamline
    compatibility.

    --

    In anycase, I am going to change the way nrelease builds work so the
    enhancements can be specified separately on the 'make' command line

    e.g. instead of doing:

	make installer_release

    we would want to do:

	make installer release

    Which in turn would make it a whole lot easier to create targets that
    allow one to customize the release ISO even more easily then we can now.
    e.g. something like:

	make installer multimedia release