vkernel.conf ?

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Tue Aug 7 03:44:21 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     The tcap format is aweful, not the least because it requires backslashes
>     at the end of each line as a continuation.
>
>     Just use the label: and variable=data format.
>
> 						-Matt

Alright alright.. no tcap..
The main thing is avoiding writing some new parser .. so:

Are there any in-tree examples of a
':' or '[]' "label config" parser?

Can't think of any offhand..

The only similar thing I can think of is ppp.conf,
and that's not exactly what is being discussed here format-wise
but perhaps another 'valid' option..

Despite my python-foo I'm not a fan of the indentation requirement,
but it's not too limiting.

also:

any thoughts on the /etc/vkernels/sysname propsal?

- Chris