1.10.0 release RC1 test ISO is up

Nicolas Thery nthery at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 04:21:40 PDT 2007

2007/8/3, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com>:

> :Matt,
> :
> :Thanks for releasing this for testing.  While the new installer does use the
> :correct path, it's now generating another error (code # 2) when installing
> :packages.  The log says:
> :
> :,-<<< Executing '/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_create -b bmake-20051105nb3
> :/mnt/tmp/bmake-2005105nb3.tgz'
> :| pkg_create: required package comment string is missing (-c comment)
> :`->>> Exit status: 2

FWIW I observed a similar issue when selecting "install additional
software packages"
and leaving all packages selected:

/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_create -b pkg_create -b pkgdb.byfile.db
/mnt/tmp/pkgdb.byfile.db.tgz
| pkg_create: required package comment string is missing (-c comment)
`->>> Exit status:

I tried again after disabling pkgdb and leaving the other packages
enabled: everything went fine.

Cheers,
Nicolas