1.10.0 release RC1 test ISO is up

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Aug 2 22:01:01 PDT 2007

:Matt,
:
:Thanks for releasing this for testing.  While the new installer does use the
:correct path, it's now generating another error (code # 2) when installing
:packages.  The log says:
:
:,-<<< Executing '/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_create -b bmake-20051105nb3
:/mnt/tmp/bmake-2005105nb3.tgz'
:| pkg_create: required package comment string is missing (-c comment)
:`->>> Exit status: 2
:
:Line 147 of installer/src/lib/libinstaller/package.c (from the=20
:bsdinstaller cvs
:tree) seems to be the one that needs correcting.  However, the others in tha=
:t
:file should probably receive an inspection as well.
:
:It's also still telling me that passwords can't possess special=20
:characters.  The
:filter is on line 107 of installer/src/backend/installer/fn_configure.c.  I
:posted a patch for this a few weeks back, but my home machines are in somewh=
:at
:of a transition at the moment.  If it's needed, I can repost.
:
:Thanks again and Good luck,
:
:Adrian

    I didn't see any issues when I did a fresh install from the ISO.  I'd
    rather not mess around with the packages any more, I really shouldn't
    have updated the last set, it took way way too long to get things working.

    Is your install failing completely or is just a warning and bmake is
    still there ?