ideas about threading lib switching

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Apr 11 13:16:24 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I don't think we need to go that far.  I just meant we wanted the
    option of linking against one library or the other when the program
    is linked with -pthread, perhaps with an environment variable.
The problem here is that one lib might link to threadlib1 and the binary itself (or another lib) might link to threadlib2.  now we have two different threading libs in the process and stuff breaks.  We have to guarantee that only one threading lib is used for the whole process.

cheers
 simon
signature.asc