Areca Cards?

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Fri Apr 20 05:00:21 PDT 2007

Brandon Johns wrote:
Hello all,

I've recently purchased an Areca ARC-1120 PCI-X raid controller
and was wondering what the status of drivers were for this
card.  I've tried the latest preview tag but was unable to find
anything that remotely appeared to be a driver.  If someone could
point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. I did find in
the mail archive something about the driver being ported, but that
was all there was. I would love to see just how well this card and
a few 320gb drives can perform under DFly.
A year or two ago, Hiten Pandya ported the FreeBSD driver; dunno what
he's done with the source. I started on rewriting it because it's really
fugly, but got sidetracked and left it to rot :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at netphreax.net