Cache coherency, clustering, and Kernel virtualization

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sat Sep 2 12:46:49 PDT 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:

*snip*

    Sounds kinda like what IBM did with linux on its mainframes, eh?
AIX5L + Linux?

Earlier roots than that.  Over 32 years, and still in use.

Closer to IBM CRL's CP/67 --> VM -- -- -- z/OS's z/VM

*snip*
    I finally figured it out, and the answer is so simple that I am surprised
    it took a week for me to figure it out.
Go for it!  You are bound to do a better job than IBM *used* to do.

. ..maybe even a better job than they do *now*.

Progress...

;-)

Bill