User-Space Device Drivers

wgrim at siue.edu wgrim at siue.edu
Wed Mar 1 23:56:59 PST 2006

Would you be opposed to me using C++ for the user-space part of the
framework?  I thought this would be okay since it will be code outside
the kernel and the extra typing information would allow the C++ compiler
to potentially optimize better.  Plus, if for some reason I do need a
template class, I can do this easily without macro magic in the C
preprocessor.

--
William Michael Grim
Master's Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville