warning about 'large-function-growth limit reached'

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Wed Jun 14 14:16:08 PDT 2006

Chuck Tuffli wrote:
These warnings appear in the build of the 1.4.x branch. I'm guessing
they aren't serious problems, but was currious what they are really
trying to say. The gcc doc only says 'Specifies maximal growth of
large function caused by inlining in percents'. Does this mean that
the inlined function exceeds some specified line count?
I'd guess it means that the size of a function will increase more than a
defined percentage due to inline expansion.

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx