DragonFly 1.4. on Asus A8N SLI Premium

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Sun Jun 4 10:55:45 PDT 2006

On 2006-06-04 13:08, Willy Jacobs wrote:
I tried to install DragonFly 1.4.4 (from the offical ISO image) on my
recent Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard. The CPU is an Athlon 64 X2 3800+.
On the IDE (PATA) are a DVD-RW, DVD-ROM and a hard disk. Also 2 SATA
hard disks are present.

During booting I see that the DragonFly kernel issues strange errors on
the SATA drives (but the are recognized properly), eg.:

ad10: DMA limited to UDMA33, non ATA66 cable or device
This can be ignored, it's because the kernel does not make any
difference between SATA and PATA drives and fails when it tries to do
something that's not relevant for SATA-drives, the drive will work at
full speed anyway. At least that's how I understand things from Matt's
explanation last time this came up:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2004-11/msg00228.html

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure