khttpd

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Wed Jun 7 04:59:22 PDT 2006

Dmitri Nikulin wrote:
On 6/7/06, TongKe Xue <xue at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   I'm new to DragonFly BSD; a search for "khttpd" on the dragonfly bsd
email archives brings up nothing. I was wondering:
> [snip]
- Performance (not that much, I've never heard of user<->kernel
interaction being the bottleneck in a web server system)
[snap]
Amen brother, I think Tux kinda prove that only for static files a
kernel httpd is useful; and even then performance was closely matched by
e.g. thttpd. So all in all, a khttpd is pretty damn stupid :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx