sysmouse/tty weirdness

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 31 18:28:31 PST 2006

:Now comes the funny part:  switch to a console vty.  still works!  also
:another instance will work correctly...  until I quit all running
:showmouse/hexdump and rerun them...  all in/out going totally wrong
:again...  until (no, you don't believe this) I switch to X.  As soon as
:I switch to X again everything works again.  So X is doing *something*
:which makes sysmouse output correct data.
:
:I guess I'm not far from the problem, probably some initialization which
:isn't documented or such (but I know it worked before!)
:
:cheers
:   simon

    I would not have expected it to work at all with multiple readers open
    on the device.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>