device clone on open

Alex Burke alexjeffburke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:50:17 PST 2006

Hi,
I am still following all of the DragonFly work with massive interest.
Just wondering - the ability to do what you describe withvnodes...does it depend on a namecache subsystem which operates theway the implementation in DragonFly is now designed  i.e. where allresolution is centered around namecache records? Or could e.g. FreeBSDuse this idea to have its namecache resolve to a vnode considereddifferent?
Just reading your proposal, it seems like a really neat way of doing it.
Just wanted to add, thanks to all of you for taking the time to writeclear descriptions. A novice like me can follow allot of this :-)
Thanks, Alex J Burke.