sysmouse/tty weirdness

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 31 10:53:33 PST 2006

:walt wrote:
:
:> I hate giving/getting WFM answers, but it really does WFM.
:> Do I recall that you are running a 64-bit machine?  Using gcc 4.x?
:
:yes, but i'm running in i386 mode.  using default gcc34, no gcc40.
:
:> Does the 'one other' machine with the same problem have the same
:> hardware?
:
:no, that's a p2 400 of somebody on IRC.

    Well, fix the program first.  When you print out the
    raw data iterate from total to total + readcnt, not
    from 0 to total + readcnt.

    The if (total >= sizetab[level]) ... needs to be
    while (total >= sizetab[level]), otherwise if enough
    mouse movements build up you will overflow your buffer.

    It should still have worked reasonably well, but
    perhaps fixing those two issues will make the problem
    more obvious.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>