code bounties for DragonFly ?

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Thu Jan 26 06:32:14 PST 2006

On 1/26/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I really dislike the idea of putting bounties on certain accomplishments.
>     It's not really what the project is about.
>
>                                         -Matt

I was hoping that something such as a bounty system might feed some
life back into the project.  Most of the development work has slowed
down to almost nothing.  I'm not sure some development work will ever
be finished without some incentive.  Yes, doing to work is a great
resume builder, blah blah blah, etc... But the reality is that most
people still have to work purely for economic reasons.  Why not merge
two incentives into one.  Though not that any amount DragonFly could
be raised would be equivalent to paying real world developer rates it
still might make doing to work more appealing.

-DR