snd_pcm seperate vchan pcm volume mixing

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Jan 19 12:38:15 PST 2006

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
I didn't read your patch, but your description sounds as if an
application can only change the volume of the vchan then. Right (no
generic mixer API to change whatever vchan the user wants)?
If the application wants to change the volume of one specific channel,
it has to do so via the dsp device and not via the mixer device anyways
(OSS specs underline this several times).

Did you looked at the "nearly version 4" of OSS? They have an extended
API which - according to an answer of dev at 4front in the Windows Vista
sound-system forum - can do something like changing whatever channel
you want (at least I interpreted the answer like this).
nope, do you have a link?

patch is for dragonfly, but maybe it's of use for freebsd as well (thus
cc'ed)
Did you ported some of the recent changes to DFly? Anything else we
could get from DFly (some PCI ID's we're missing or whatever)?
nope, we didn't port anything lately.  we might have some changes, but
they are over one year old, at minimum...

cheers
  simon