cowloop technology

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Tue Jan 10 14:03:35 PST 2006

> We don't have a generic block device layering interface yet.  I'd like
> to have something like this before, then supporting cloop for instance
> would be nice as well.  I know some people don't like the
> implementation of GEOM, but I think the basic principle is needed
> anyways.  Some kind of generic layering abstraction for block devices.

I have seen semi-negative references to GEOM before, but I have been
unable to find what exactly it is people have a problem with. Out of
curiousity, is there anything in particular that is controversial
about it?

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at xxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: peter.schuller at xxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.scode.org