kgdb can't unwind double faults

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Jan 30 15:51:22 PST 2006

hey,

in the process of trying to get my NForce4 GeForce 6150 IGP running
under X (by porting the FreeBSD driver) I noticed that our gdb can't
unwind over double faults.  In fact it seems like there is code to
unwind over traps, but it isn't used (due to structural changes in
gdb6).

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to see the stack trace
nevertheless?  Is there somebody who wants to port FreeBSD's efforts?
(dunno if we want a seperate kgdb binary, but it seems an easy way)

cheers
  simon
Dude 2c 2 the max   !   http://golden-apple.biz       Mail + News   / \Attachment:
PGP.sig