i386_set_ioperm() problems

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Tue Feb 28 12:22:59 PST 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Ok, I believe I have fixed the private TSS issues that were causing
    the ioperm map to break.  I have committed the fixes, please update and
    test!  I'll hold off MFCing to -RELEASE and I'll hold off rolling 1.4.2
    until you've had a chance to test it.
    The previous code was:

    * Preventing the iomap from being properly activated by the
      initial call to i386_set_ioperm().
    * Allowing interrupts or blockages in kmem_free() to switch a thread
      before the TSS was properly validated or invalidated.
    Both issues should now be fixed.

						-Matt
Thanks very much! :)

It seems to work now. I can inb() and outb() when the permission is set.

Sascha