jemalloc?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Dec 12 08:12:48 PST 2006

Vlad Galu wrote:
  It would be nice to have it in base, though, and to enable the
users to choose between the implementations using mechanisms such as
libmap.conf (BTW, do we want that?). I suppose there were reasons not
to walk this path and since I'm very new to DragonFly I'd be more than
happy to learn them.
If it is better, we should take it.  No need to sit on old code if better one is available.  Of course the notion is a very subjective one, like where to put one's goals:  few memory usage or higher speed.  A real world test (e.g. buildworld) with tracking memory usage and speed could help to decide.

cheers
 simon
signature.asc