NATA update

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Tue Dec 5 15:32:13 PST 2006

Petr Janda wrote:
Does this mean now that onboard RAID controllers that come with today
nearly all motherboards will be finally supported? If so, thats awesome.
How do I test NATA ?
They will be, after I've finished porting ataraid.

To test the code that's already been tested, you have to apply the diff
I mentioned in [1], remove all old ata devices from your kernel config,
add options PCI_MAP_FIXUP to it, and then either add (at least) device
nata, natadisk and natapicd (for disks and cdroms respectively), or add
'nata' to SUBDIR in src/sys/dev/disk/Makefile, and edit your
/boot/loader.conf to read nata_load="YES", natapci="YES",
natadisk="YES", natapicd="YES". make buildkernel, make installkernel,
reboot. If it doesn't work, boot kernel.old, and report issues :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at netphreax.net