Function conflicts between kernel and libc

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 5 11:09:05 PST 2006

:
:This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
:--------------enig27D47D72C34079BE1F6C35CA
:
:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     There are a number of function and type conflicts between the kernel
:>     and libc that I need to deal with.  My current plan is as follows:
:
:I keep wondering if there isn't a cleaner way to separate namespaces.

    So do I.  But I want to use as few code tricks as possible.  Renaming
    is the cleanest solution but even I can't justify renaming simple
    string functions.

:>     * dev_t.  Rename kdev_t (big nasty job but I think it has to be done).
:
:Wasn't that cdev_t already, in the kernel at least?
:
:Cheers,
:--
:         Thomas E. Spanjaard
:         tgen at netphreax.net

    Ah, yes... I already separated dev_t out. Good, that cuts the remaining
    work in half :-).