Building kernel fails

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Apr 28 10:15:30 PDT 2006

Vlad GALU wrote:
On 4/28/06, Sascha Wildner <saw at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vlad GALU wrote:
>     No matter what tag I fetch, buildkernel always fails while
> linking the debug version of the kernel, claiming a number of
> undefined references to __cursig.  It is defined in
> sys/sys/signalvar.h as extern, even though the implementation is right
> there. What am I missing ?
What do you have in your make.conf?
   Good catch ! I had COPTFLAGS = -pipe. I undefined it and it works.
In fact, it was the missing -O that caused it, 'COPTFLAGS = -pipe -O'
(which is the standard setting) would have worked. The kernel doesn't
like to be compiled without optimization. Why this is so, I don't know.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx