fishy messages in HEAD

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Apr 14 06:23:04 PDT 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:...
:
:644, I've changed them back to 666.
:
:I have to add that I did get a panic upon shutdown after the last
:rebuild (incorporating Matt's latest set of changes in sys/kern and
:sys/vfs) but somehow I'm unable to produce a dump on that machine. Now
:that you've mentioned it, I guess the /dev/null issue was due to the
:machine not shutting down properly.
:
:Thanks,
:Sascha
:
:--
:http://yoyodyne.ath.cx

    Did you do a make installworld or make upgrade prior to the crash /
    improper shutdown?
Yes. I had done the following:

1) quickworld/kernel, installkernel/world and upgrade with WANT_KERBEROS.

2) Noticed that I still had WANT_KERBEROS in my make.conf, removed it
and did another build/install/upgrade without WANT_KERBEROS (without
reboot).

3) Tried to reboot and it crashed. I should've checked the backtrace but
didn't. :\

4) Upon coming back, /dev/null had wrong permissions.

    What release were you running prior to the update?
The system was running HEAD without your most recent commits to sys/vfs
and sys/kern (starting with rev. 1.21 of ntfs_subr.c).

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx