java stuff (Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system)

Tomaž Borštnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Sat Sep 17 15:32:34 PDT 2005

Hiten Pandya wrote:

I am worried, that all BSD communities keep saying that Java is
frightening and something very heavyweight.  Well, I have to disagree
with that purely on the grounds of principle; just because we don't
support JAVA properly does not mean we should call it the nasties.
Yep, I wish BSDs would have better support for Java. Or at least via linux emulation. linux jdk 1.5 dumps core (Bad
system call) when trying to run jboss with it. Native jdk 1.4 with jboss seems to be DoS-able - ie. send lots of
connections towards it and it will start taking all CPU being in system part and not doing its java work and killing it
is the only solution.

Tomaž