final thoughts - bug tracking system

Vinicius Santos vininim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:32:45 PDT 2005

><snip>> I don't understand the arguments against java and non open-source> for a product that is going to be on one machine, and is not> being distributed as part of the DragonFly OS.
1 - Selfhosting should be the goal of every OS project, that machineshould(could)use Dragonfly os, and Java seems to be giving problems.2 - Non-OpenSource means less customization to it.
On the other hand:(1), and that's why people are working in Java =p(2), jira seems to be pretty nice and to not need lots ofcustomization(eventually you will have to think that it's only a bugtracking system)
I think Jira is great, but I can understand why people are against it. (Not to mention it's cute)> > --Peter> > >