PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri Sep 2 07:09:17 PDT 2005

-On [20050902 15:43], Jonathan Buschmann (jonthn at xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>So it's a build option but the bootstrap doesn't enable that option by
>default and without that pkgsrc doesn't fulfill the goal of a package
>management system.for Dfly.  Probably I'm worng with that but I want to
>know

I haven't checked pkgviews myself yet, but pkgsrc provides all the tools to
manage pkgs.
However, if one needs a more integrated handling/upgrading/etc then yes
something good needs to be developed for pkgsrc still.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
The riddle master himself lost the key to his own riddles one day, and
found it again at the bottom of his heart.