PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

Jonathan Buschmann jonthn at agmact.com
Fri Sep 2 04:31:08 PDT 2005

Hello,

So pkgsrc is the way to go now, but it's as the package management
system or only as package build system ?

And if it's as the package management system will the pkgview enabled by
default ?

Regards,
	Jonathan Buschmann
Matthew Dillon a écrit :
    [cutted part]

     note 1: I truely believe that the PKGSRC project developers are far
     more open and dedicated to making PKGSRC truely multi-platform and
     multi-architecture then the FreeBSD developers are in making ports that.
     We need that kind of dedication to help us maintain our own contributions,
     because we simply cannot go it alone.

    In anycase, that's my position on the matter.  With this under our belt
    we can move on without further uncertainty in the packaging department.
    --

    The only argument left is where to install the packages, but if people
    think a moment it should be clear that we want to put them somewhere

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>