Bug Tracking System [Was: Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system]

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Mon Sep 19 15:28:37 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 00:06, Hiten Pandya wrote:

[java is also good snip]

> I can totally understand this, given that I have done development in JAVA
> before, for commercial purposes.  It would be nice if more people can
> support the JDK patchkit producers in fixing JAVA support.
>
> Bill, since you were helping FreeBSD at one time with JAVA, it would be
> nice if *you* lent a hand to the JDK patchkit producers and us in
> strengthening JAVA on DragonFly. ;-)

Shouldn't we focus on mustang instead? FYI: Mustang is what is to become JDK
1.6, and it's development is open (for all intents and purposes one can view
it as open, it's at least a lot more open than we are accustomed from Sun in
the past). Wouldn't it be cool to have 1.6 support DragonFlyBSD
out-of-the-box?

Look around on http://mustang.dev.java.net/

The license is a bit draconian for my taste, but it's better than absolutely
nothing at all. :)

Cheers,
Emiel
--
Things past redress and now with me past care.
  -- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"