final thoughts - bug tracking system

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Wed Sep 14 12:01:41 PDT 2005

Hiten Pandya wrote:
Here is the summary/conclusion that everyone can possibly agree upon
including Matt.

It seems that we have two finalists, JIRA and Bugzilla for use as a
DragonFly bug/feature tracking system.  In our current stage of progress
with the OS, writing a new bug tracking system is totally unjustified.
All comments I've read were negative regarding Bugzilla, so I can only
guess as to how it ended up here ;).

Lets go with JIRA, and play with it until the upcoming release.  If the
DragonFly developers are satisfied then we will continue using it,
otherwise we switch to something else, i.e. Bugzilla or cvstrac.
Migrating the data from JIRA should not be a problem given that it
supports export into known formats.
Agreed.

If I get positive reviews about this strategy from others, then I will
get the ball rolling.
Sure thing, JIRA is a very good package imo.

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx