bug tracking system

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Sep 12 08:00:03 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 02:52:38PM +0100, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> Bugzilla is not bad at all for the purpose.  It also allows grouping of
> bugs, which can be quite useful.  Another point is that Bugzilla does not
> allow anon entries per e-mail and that's a good thing; we will avoid a lot
> of problems by now allowing anonymous mails as followup.

Since I was the person to request the addition of the feature in the
comparision, let me plain. I have to report bugs in a great number of
projects and having to register first is a major PITA. I don't mind
having to use a challenge-respoonse solution for my first mail to a
project, but it is much easier to just send an email with the bug report
and be done with it. This is very much like how you report bugs to
developers directly and a good thing to allow.

> We are definitely not going with GNATS, period.

Who even suggested to use GNATS? It is in the list for completeness, but
not as option. The (mis)handling of attachments is important enough to
ignore it.

Joerg