FreeBSD-current 802_11 stack --> DragonFly_Preview

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue Sep 27 14:07:28 PDT 2005

Andrew,

Thank you very much for the hard work and effort for making 802.11 work on
DragonFly; this will go a long way.  I am in total support for bringing in
the ifconfig utility from FreeBSD -CURRENT as it has such a better modular
and command parsing architecture.  It will need to be kept in sync with
the changes we have made, mostly kernel data structures, etc.

On that note, I would also like to extend my thanks to some of the people
who made this possible in the first place, most importantly Sam Leffler
for doing the wireless and crypto work and Brooks Davis for revamping the
ifconfig utility to not be such a mess.  I am sure I am missing names
here. :-)

Thanks!

Hiten Pandya
hmp at {dragonflybsd,freebsd}.org
Andrew Atrens wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've re-synched my 802_11 patch with FreeBSD-current and got it integrated
into DragonFly_Preview. I'm running it at the moment, and it's working
quite
well.