final thoughts - bug tracking system

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Wed Sep 14 17:48:25 PDT 2005

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
It is free!  They have free licenses for open-source projects.
I was thinking more from a point of view of sharing source code and
spending valuable time on troubleshooting or coding.
Simon said (teehee) they offer 30 days free support, even on their free
licenses.

Also what about the
future?
(Didn't Linux kernel have issues with its previous "proprietary" system
-- not bugs but for revision control etc.?)
That's because they had a limited license. JIRA's free license is
indefinite per product.

Also does it depend on java?
Yes, it runs on java, and this pretty good, I have to say :)
It just adds more to maintain.
True, but we really need Java to work, even without JIRA.

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx