dirent ABI and propolice bug fixes in HEAD, DragonFly_Preview tag updated

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Sun Sep 4 15:47:05 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>     buildworld
>     buildkernel
>     installkernel
>     [reboot]
>     installworld
>     [reboot]
>     [rebuild ports and other programs]

And yet /usr/src/UPDATING says:

To upgrade a DragonFly system from sources you run the following sequence:

        cd /usr/src
        make buildworld
        make buildkernel KERNCONF=<KERNELNAME>
        make installkernel KERNCONF=<KERNELNAME>
        make installworld

Has a change been submitted to make this read:

        cd /usr/src
        make buildworld
        make buildkernel KERNCONF=<KERNELNAME>
        make installkernel KERNCONF=<KERNELNAME>
        <REBOOT>
        make installworld
        <REBOOT>

or am I missing something here?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at xxxxxxxxxxx

"Every extreme attitude is a flight from the self."
                                     -- Eric Hoffer