PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Oct 14 05:19:37 PDT 2005

Gunther Nikl wrote:
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-On [20050905 19:09], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

  I would have thought that our experiences with
  FreeBSD... with perl and cvsup (before the binary-only package was made
  available), would have made it glaringly obvious how bad an idea it is.
And that's why Maxime's rewriting cvsup in C. ;)

  Well with the ezm3 its easy to build cvsup. I did that on [45]-STABLE
  myself. However, the ezm3 port isn't available for every FreeBSD target,
  eg. not for PPC. I like the idea of using a non MacOS on a Mac mini ;-)
ezm3 is an absolute horror to port and maintain.  every time system
structures change you have to pull the change manually from the .h to
the .m3 files.  Sux.  And compiling is a major pain, because it needs a
supported platform to build the bootstrap for the unsupported platform.

cheers
  simon
Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /