Timer question

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri Oct 28 15:55:33 PDT 2005

My circa-1994 P2-266 (still running!) laptop is the one where the 8254 timer 2
was causing the problems with the ata driver when the video mode changed.

I know Matt was eventually going to look into how this could be correctly
solved, and now that I'm running HEAD and have offloaded my serious work to
another box I'm willing to experiment.  What could I do first to help get this
started, or at least starting learning about the relevant code?  This is all
assuming the project Matt posted before about timer changes looking for a
volunteer didn't already deal with this.

Also, now that Matt has committed some changes to ppbus drivers, I think I'll
submit my Iomega MatchMaker patches, mostly just code cleanup but definitely
useful.  This driver is my old stomping grounds, and the only evidence of my
first foray into the kernel.  :-)

jm
--
'What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
What the hell is a gander, anyway?' - George Costanza