LWPs and LWKTs, how they relate

Alex Burke alexjeffburke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:16:53 PDT 2005

Hi,
Firstly, I hope this email is in the correct format....I am sendingfrom gmail, and have disabled the rich text formatting stuff.
I was just wondering, what will be the interaction between LWPs (I sawa commit message indicating we will be implementing these) and LWKTs.
Also, in the conext of DragonFlyBSD after this change...what will a"process" entity actually be? I notice in a commit mesasage that amapping of one LWP to one process is currently enforced, will thischange? What distinguishes a classic process from a LWP? (reading'moden operating systems', i thought a process was something that hadexecutable conext, possibly multiple (i.e. a threaded program), butincluded all associated file descriptors etc...not sure what this newsubdivision does).
Hope this question does not seem too stupid.
Thanks in advance, Alex J Burke.