Weird network problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 30 23:55:48 PST 2005

:Hi guys,
:
:I have this really odd networking problem since I cvsupped my HEAD
:system today. The thing serves NFS and samba. Sometimes NFS and samba
:(or any other service, like ssh) will just freeze up (not the server
:programs, but the connections). The problem stops when I press a key. I
:wedged a toothpick into the keyboard so a key is always pressed and the
:problem went away.
:
:Is there something going on wrt the keyboard interrupts and the new
:MPSAFE networking stuff? Has anyone experienced the same thing?
:
:I can upload a kernel to leaf is that's needed.

    That would be helpful, I think.

    Was this with the various kern.*_mpsafe sysctl's turned on or off?