network02.patch - MPSAFE network interrupt

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Mon Nov 28 22:41:24 PST 2005

ane.com> <438b7af2$0$741$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200511290110.jAT1AIke082429 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matthew Dillon wrote:
> :Unfortunately the calling function isn't shown properly in gdb:
>
>     It looks like its loaded from a module.  What modules do you have
>     loadde?
>
> 					-Matt

Late entry, but it should help.  The asf(8) utility can help
people to retrieve symbols from kernel modules.  It works by using
the output of the kldstat(8) command from a vmcore.

Put the following file into your home directory as ".gdbinit":

	# fetch http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hmp/dot.gdbinit
	# mv dot.gdbinit ~/.gdbinit

Once you have that file in the right place, reload your gdb session
and type 'kldstat' inside it.  The output of that gdb command should
be identical to that of the real kldstat(8) utility.  Save the output
of the previous action into a a file; we refer to it as "some-file"

Next step is to invoke the asf(8) utility.  The job of this program
is to generate a gdb command file with the right start addresses for

	# cat some-file | asf -f -s -x /path-to-modules asf.out
	# gdb -k -q /path-to-kernel /path-to-core
	(kgdb) source asf.out
	(kgdb) bt

Provided asf(8) finds your modules, this will give correct start
addresses for loading the kernel modules symbols.  I have been
meaning to outline this for a while now, finally got the chance.

I am pretty sure I haven't missed any vital steps, so if this works
please do provide a verification for others.

Regards,

Hiten Pandya