Question about userland scheduler

Sergey Glushchenko deen at smz.com.ua
Sun Nov 27 10:37:43 PST 2005

So, if I understand it correctly, when LWKT-scheduler schedules any thread with
TDPRI_USER_* priority to run, then usched of the process, associated with chosen
thread, decide what user process to schedule and according to usched's scheduling
discipline this chosen process may differ from that process, which thread is initially
scheduled by LWKT-scheduler. And fact that LWKT-scheduler will schedule user
threads according to round-robin discipline give us possibility to implement multiply
userland schedulers because every user thread will have it chance to run, thus every
usched will be active at least once. Right? But if so, then we have a problem: those
uscheds which have more threads will get a higher priority over those which have less
threads.

--
Sergey Glushchenko