panic: kthread_create called too soon

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Wed Nov 30 09:14:29 PST 2005

Adrian Nida wrote:
[snip]
I know a lot of *ix people don't like to hear about Microsoft.  However,
I really do think they are (now) doing their error reporting right.  If
a crash (application or OS) occurs, their version of a core file is
automatically saved, and the user is then prompted to upload the file
directly to Microsoft.  Now, the one thing I don't like is that this
option defaults to no.

After transferring the file, the user is given an option to read more
information about the crash, the error that caused it, possible
solutions, its status in the bug fixing process, and whether an update
that solves the issue (or "other issues that may/may not be related") is
available.

I know the people doing this project are stretching themselves thin, but
in my mind this is a really nice feature in the Operating System (hint,
hint).
Yes, error reporting via the internet should be made easier.

One thing obfuscates me here though. Since when did windows support
automatic error reporting of BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death/Kernel Crash)?

- Erik