libc changes and freebsd-4 compatible binaries

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 2 10:22:03 PDT 2005

    Guys, this discussion is all well and find but, really, I have decided
    that the easiest solution is to just throw them under CVS for now.

    Simon's approach seems feasible, I think I will do something similar
    to that.

    The only reason I haven't committed anything yet is that it is not
    possible to build the release tree from a box running HEAD due to the
    citrus work.  It's a kinda chicken-and-egg problem with the build tree
    due to the fact that so much junk is glommed onto libc these days.

    I am putting a release system on one of my test boxes then upgrading it
    to the latest code on the release branch and when I'm through those
    will be the libraries I throw into CVS.